You have a wide selection of possibilities. Tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, squash and more are all available for growing in a small container. In containers which are no larger than 24 inches high you can grow a number of tomatoes:
- Tiny Tim is 45 days to maturity with red round fruits 3/4 inch.
- Window Box Roma is 70 days to maturity with 2 inch red fruits and has a longer shelf life than regular tomato varieties.
- Elfin is 60 days to maturity with red fruits about one and a half inches which are crisp.
Next, you may want some cucumbers to go with your tomatoes:
- Baby Cucumber with 52 days to maturity that makes a bushy vine.
- Baby Whooper with 55 days to maturity that has no runners.
- Midget with 50 days to maturity that has 2 foot vines.
- Early Super Midget with 60 days maturity has a medium vine.
- Minnesota Midget with 63 days maturity has 4 inch melons.
- Sugar Lumps with 78 days to maturity with melons that are 8 to 9 inches in diameter.
- Lollipop with 70 days to maturity with melons that are 3-5 pounds.